Thanks for the link eco, I had tried out Ubuntu awhile back and one of the turnoffs was Gnome as an only option. Great Distro, if only it deafulted to "vesa" insted of "vis" when booting.
-Jameson
Don't know if this makes a difference, but their live CD used to be based on Morphix. It isn't, any more.
and now GNOPPIX is based on Ubuntu http://www.gnoppix.org/
who knows? I have to say I am still loyal to kanotix from knoppix. Wish Kano would go for more press like, say, Mepis. Because he/it is very good.
I messed with Morphix (gamer) because I dearly wanted to get xmame/xmess running (couldn't - that was drag). I had my roms from my own cassettes and could play them in windows but never did get it going linux.
Anyway, how long before we just call it one great big debian "hug" of linux?
Interesting you should say that; check out this thread on Slashdot, "Is Ubuntu a Compatibility Nightmare for Debian?"Originally Posted by nishtya
(Ubuntu does use its own custom-built pacakages and repositories, and apparently only has a fraction of the packages available for stock Debian, and they only support 3 architectures [x86, x64, and PPC]...so it does seem a bit like a fork.)
I just installed Kubuntu on an old computer. The installation was easy and KDE 3.4 is gorgeous. Even was able to keep my preexisting /home partition (from Knoppix 3.8 ).

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8851 5-Line VoIP Business Phone w/ Stand
$249.95
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99