Thanks for the link eco, I had tried out Ubuntu awhile back and one of the turnoffs was Gnome as an only option. Great Distro, if only it deafulted to "vesa" insted of "vis" when booting.
-Jameson
Thanks for the link eco, I had tried out Ubuntu awhile back and one of the turnoffs was Gnome as an only option. Great Distro, if only it deafulted to "vesa" insted of "vis" when booting.
-Jameson
Don't know if this makes a difference, but their live CD used to be based on Morphix. It isn't, any more.
and now GNOPPIX is based on Ubuntu http://www.gnoppix.org/
who knows? I have to say I am still loyal to kanotix from knoppix. Wish Kano would go for more press like, say, Mepis. Because he/it is very good.
I messed with Morphix (gamer) because I dearly wanted to get xmame/xmess running (couldn't - that was drag). I had my roms from my own cassettes and could play them in windows but never did get it going linux.
Anyway, how long before we just call it one great big debian "hug" of linux?
Interesting you should say that; check out this thread on Slashdot, "Is Ubuntu a Compatibility Nightmare for Debian?"Originally Posted by nishtya
(Ubuntu does use its own custom-built pacakages and repositories, and apparently only has a fraction of the packages available for stock Debian, and they only support 3 architectures [x86, x64, and PPC]...so it does seem a bit like a fork.)
I just installed Kubuntu on an old computer. The installation was easy and KDE 3.4 is gorgeous. Even was able to keep my preexisting /home partition (from Knoppix 3.8 ).

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
Atari 800 Vintage Home Computer Console System with Keyboard
$99.99
Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$89.99
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30