Can you bring the interface up with
ifconfig eth0 up
If so, then do:
pump -i eth0
this should tell your interface to send out a dhcp request.
Heard Knoppix 3.7 would work with my amtel chipset Belkin WLAN card so I tried out the live CD on my ThinkPad A31. Ran the config scripts and it worked great, recognized my card right away and connected to the AP.
So I commit and do the HDD install. Now the card does not work. From the startup log I can see that it still recognizes it, however it appears to be killing it favor of eth1.
I run ifconfig and it only sees eth1, my card is eth0.
I've checked the forums for help of course, and tried to edit the startup config file as suggested, but no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Can you bring the interface up with
ifconfig eth0 up
If so, then do:
pump -i eth0
this should tell your interface to send out a dhcp request.
Its static IP. I wonder if I should just switch to DHCP would that make this easier?
Right now it tells me no such device.
no such device implies, ...
uhm...
device not working
not configged
or something.
can you post a lspci ?
Gets:Originally Posted by foamrotreturns
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset Host Bridge (rev 04)Originally Posted by marhleet
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 04)
0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM USB (Hub #1) (rev 02)
0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM USB (Hub #2) (rev 02)
0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM USB (Hub #3) (rev 02)
0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 42)
0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801CAM ISA Bridge (LPC) (rev 02)
0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801CAM IDE U100 (rev 02)
0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM SMBus Controller (rev 02)
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
0000:00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 02)
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]
0000:02:00.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev 80)
0000:02:00.1 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev 80)
0000:02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82801CAM (ICH3) PRO/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller (rev 42)
Ok, so I don't see my card in there anywhere. What can i do next?
Originally Posted by santos_douglas
bump. I have the same problem
ETH1 starts the card flasing. Wifi0 cannot be configured. no web access
After much fiddling, I have found a solution that works for me anyway. Being a Linux novice I can't say for sure why this works, but it does.
1. Make sure you're using the 2.6 kernel.
2. Install Knoppix to your HD but make sure the WiFi card is not in the slot.
3. Restart at least 2 times.
4. Restart Knoppix with the card out, once booted up then you can insert the card. Both lights should light up solid.
5. Run netcardconfig with your settings.
6. Open browser and you should be able to connect to the net.
Remember in the future to keep the card out when booting up, then plug in once started. Your network setting shouldn't need to be reset, it should just work. Starting with the card in caused my installed net card to be recognized second as eth1, the wireless card is recognized as eth0 initially, but goes down once started up, don't know why, it just does. Doesn't come back up once running.
Hope this helps someone with this card. I've tried a dozen of other distros with no luck getting it working (plain Debian, Suse, Ubuntu, Mepis).
Some useful commands I picked up:
dmesg - shows your startup log.
ifconfig - shows net card configurations
iwconfig - shows net cards and if they have wireless extensions
lsmod - shows running modules, you should see atmel_cs if not, you've got a problem
Don't for get iwlist

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650U 16GB 512GB Win 11 Pro
$420.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Yoga 7 2-in-1 14AHP9 AMD RYZEN 5 8640HS 3.5 GHz/ 512 GB/8GB Win 11 Touch
$393.00