Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Photoshop and Studio MX on Linux

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Queretaro Mexico
    Posts
    36

    Photoshop and Studio MX on Linux

    Hi, I am starting to switch to Linux because I am getting tiered of the "slowness" of windows, but the reason I'm still staying is because of photoshop and all the macromedia development tools (Dreamweaver and Flash mostly). Is there a tool similar to those I've mentioned, or is there a way to installed them and having them mrun correctly on Linux. I've heared of WINE and also something about Disney pictures migrating Photoshop to Linux but I don't really know WINE. If anyone has any ideas I'd really apretiate it.[/list]

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32

    Re: Photoshop and Studio MX on Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by emmbec
    Hi, I am starting to switch to Linux because I am getting tiered of the "slowness" of windows, but the reason I'm still staying is because of photoshop and all the macromedia development tools (Dreamweaver and Flash mostly). Is there a tool similar to those I've mentioned, or is there a way to installed them and having them mrun correctly on Linux. I've heared of WINE and also something about Disney pictures migrating Photoshop to Linux but I don't really know WINE. If anyone has any ideas I'd really apretiate it.[/list]

    well you can always use: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/

    and if you are like me and dont want to pay for it ... use wine
    (to learn how to use wine: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/search.php?mode=results )

    or just use the bittorent network and get crossover office
    [http://s4.isohunt.com/torrents.php?i...ext=&op=and&nr (not hyperlinked for a reason) ]

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Queretaro Mexico
    Posts
    36
    OK, I tryed it, but I have the following problem. I have a Macromedia Studio MX 2004 CD which has everything on it, there is no installer.exe for DREAMWEAVER its the general which then you must chose which app you want to install (dream, flash, etc) I click on dreamweaver but it can't install it, there are a lot of error messages displayed. Is there a nother way to install it, or do you know any good fast windows emulator to do so??? Thanx

Similar Threads

  1. FL Studio with Knoppix
    By csodabogar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
  3. Knoppix and Aver Studio 303
    By swinn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 10:09 PM
  4. Using Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0 : Some Basics
    By david7035 1 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 07:25 AM
  5. Problems running photoshop 7.0 under wine
    By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID picture

OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID

$199.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00