-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix, network, windows, switch
I have a laptop downstairs, this one, with Windows XP Pro on it.
I have a switch/router/hub so I could connect this laptop to that, and run an ethernet cable from the hub to my laptop upstairs (with Knoppix on the HD)
Could I then use the internet upstairs if I turned on ICS on my Windows Laptop?
Or... Could I possibly use a proxy server on this computer and just set proxy settings for everything on knoppix?
Any ideas welcome
Similar Threads
-
By pedro47 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
-
By pi8ch in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By ssnow in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:26 PM
-
By fermier in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 01:23 PM
-
By T0N in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)
$895.00

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Lot of 2 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 32GB
$138.99

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00