-
SimplyMepis 2004 4 + Klik + Firefox
I'm running (from LIVE CD) SimplyMepis 2004 4 with a persistent home (" /home/demo ") using AdrianTM's scripts ('saveset' and 'loadset').
Just downloaded Klik and Firefox.
Got ERROR klik: Error running /home/demo/firefox/wrapper firefox
You could try to edit it manually.
Here's the wrapper:
#!/bin/sh
# klik wrapper 0.5.5
# by probono at myrealbox.com
# start the app together with all command line arguments
/home/demo/firefox/firefox/firefox $@ && exit 0
Is there something I should add/change/delete in order to get it to work?
Thanks...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Can you please test whether the same error occurs with other applications, e.g., klik://xvier and klik://3dchess (both are tiny)
Greetings,
probono
-
OK, probono...
They both give the error:
Your /etc/fstab is not yet prepared for mounting .cmg images.
As root, please make /mnt/app writeable and add the following lines:
#########################################
/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
#########################################
I noticed that they were both being loaded to a different location ***(/tmp/something ??)*** than was Firefox, which went to /home/demo/firefox/firefox-1.0.tar.gz
I have not yet attempted to change /etc/fstab
What's my next move?
Thanks...
EDIT: *** They both went to file:/var/tmp/klik ***
-
Just in case it's of interest, here's the current /etc/fstab file:
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devmode=0666 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,users,dev,ro 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/flash vfat,ext2,hfsplus noauto,users,dev 0 0
Regards...
-
I also see that there are icons on my desktop for both:
xvier.cmg
and
3Dc.cmg
...But, there was never an icon for Firefox...
-
Senior Member
registered user
What happens if you try:
/home/demo/firefox/firefox/firefox
Greetings,
probono
-
When I click on the "wrapper" icon in /home/demo/firefox/wrapper, NOTHING happens.
When I clicked on the "firefox.desktop" icon in file:/home/demo/firefox/firefox.desktop, although the "bouncing gear-wheel" appears and bounces for ~20 seconds, it then disappears and NOTHING happens.
I opened Properties->Permissions for firefox.desktop...and made it executable (both on the desktop where I had dragged&copied it, as well as in the Konqueror folder)...again get bouncing wheel and NOTHING.
Here's the Command entry in Properties->Application:
/home/demo/firefox/wrapper %f
Hope this info helps...
Thanks...
-
In a Konsole, I get:
demo@ttyp0[demo]$
demo@ttyp0[demo]$ /home/demo/firefox/firefox/firefox
bash: /home/demo/firefox/firefox/firefox: No such file or directory
demo@ttyp0[demo]$
Regards...
-
The only files in /home/demo/firefox are:
firefox.desktop
and
wrapper
-
Hi, probono...Any ideas on what I can try next ?
Thanks...
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM
-
By zian in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 07:11 AM
-
By KanotixUser in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99