Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem accessing camera's web server

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    Problem accessing camera's web server

    I'm running a machine with Knoppix installed to the hard drive. I'm trying to get it to connect via web browser to a camera that has a webserver on it that can be used to watch what the camera sees. I can get the network running on Linux, but if I try to connect to the local IP of the camera, various things happen.

    If I connect with Konquerer (latest version) sometimes the image comes up and sometimes it doesn't. When it does come up, it only updates the image every minute or so, and eventually times out

    If I connect with Mozilla (both an old and a new version) it stalls right as its about to start loading the webpage.

    I have verified that the page uses javascript, and I have downloaded both the newest java packages from sun, and the java plugin for mozilla, and I think they both installed correctly, but I'm still having the same problems. Could it be a problem with routing or something network-related? All I do is run an ifconfig command each time I boot the PC to get it on the network. I've come to believe that it is network related, because if I tell the camera to only post single pictures, instead of a live feed, it works just fine, but once I tell it to stream live data, it doesn't work. The other 2 computers on the network, both running Windows XP, have no problems accessing the camera. It's only this Knoppix PC.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    71

    Re: Problem accessing camera's web server

    Quote Originally Posted by Thud
    I have verified that the page uses javascript, and I have downloaded both the newest java packages from sun, and the java plugin for mozilla, and I think they both installed correctly, but I'm still having the same problems. Could it be a problem with routing or something network-related? All I do is run an ifconfig command each time I boot the PC to get it on the network. I've come to believe that it is network related, because if I tell the camera to only post single pictures, instead of a live feed, it works just fine, but once I tell it to stream live data, it doesn't work. The other 2 computers on the network, both running Windows XP, have no problems accessing the camera. It's only this Knoppix PC.
    JavaScript is not Java! And that viewing single pictures work just fine makes me think it's rather not a network problem. Have you verified that under XP the live feed also works with different browsers (eg. Firefox)? It might just be a JavaScript problem - the JavaScript implementations of the different browsers all behave quite differently!

    Thomas

Similar Threads

  1. accessing hard drive problem
    By markiemark in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 08:31 PM
  2. Problem Accessing 1 GB USB drive
    By kaplan71 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 03:20 PM
  3. X Server problem with 5.0.1
    By re in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
  4. problem accessing windows network drive
    By cli168 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:03 PM
  5. creating users>accessing resources a problem
    By jpmierau in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00