-
Knoppix 3.7, install errors, kde problems...
Firstly, Greets all, am new to the forum 
Secondly, I'm also new to installing Linux.
Thirdly - Unsuprisingly perhaps, I have a problem
I tried to install Knoppix using 'sudo knoppix-installer' ( using knoppix 3.7 )
All goes well until the end of the installation ( i.e. 100% of copying files )
But then in the root shell I had these error messages:-
=======================
mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
Try 'mv --help'' for more information.
Chown: 'gK' : invalid user
Unkown id: gK
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/gK: No such file or directory.
Can't open Angel/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprc: No such file or directory.
/usr/share/knoppix-installer/modules/install/02-install-tools.bm: line 138: [: /
mnt/hdinstall/home/gK: binary operator expected
mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
Try 'mv --help' for mroe information.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/gK: No such file or directory.
Can't open Angel/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.
find: /mnt/hdinstall/home/gK Angel: No such file or directory
/usr/share/knoppix-installer/modules/install/02-install-tools.bm:l line 155: [: /
mt/hdinstall/home/gK: binary operator expected
/usr/share/knoppix-installer/modules/install/02-install-tools.bm: line 165: [: /
mnt/hdinstall/home/gK: binary operator expected
/usr/share/knoppix-installer/modules/install/02-install-tools.bm: line 201: [: /
/mnt/hdinstall/home/gK: binary operator expected
Unkown id: gK
Can't remove usr/share/applications/./ethereal.desktop: Read-only file system,
skipping file.
Can't remove usr/share/applications/./ethereal-root.desktop: Read-only file system,
skipping file.
Can't remove usr/share/applications/./qtparted.desktop: Read-only file system,
skipping file.
Can't remove usr/share/applnk/./Settings/Peripherals/kxconfig.desktop: Read-onl
============================================
After all that ^^ the installation had apperntly been successful so I restarted, booted up knoppix all seemed okay till i tried to login, at which point I was greeted by various KDE errors ( i dont have the exact errors handy right now but should you need to the errors to help me I shall obtain them asap. ) and basically KDE wouldnt load, but I could however login with console etc. it seemed to be the KDE system alone that was buggered.
Reading the above errors ^ I thought it could be something to with read permissions somewhere etc. but I checked them out and it seemed okay, plus it got through the rest of the installation fine...
Obviously I tried a reinstall ( twice, actually ) but to no avail, any ideas r appreciated.
I tried Googling for it n searching these forums but I havent found anything close to my problem yet, I know i've probably done something really dumb thats really easy to fix lol, but thanks in advance for any help you can give 
Cheers
p.s. ehm btw all the 'gk' and 'angel' stuff refers to my user account which i set up as my handle 'gK Angel'
Similar Threads
-
By drbongo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
-
By pink jelly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
-
By usbrit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 01:25 PM
-
By extradudeguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 AM
-
By god in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99