-
usb problem on hd install
Having used knoppix without problems from CD, I have taken the plunge and installed it to hard disk. Whilst CD operation recognized all my usb devices the hard disk installation won't recognize any ! On boot up I get a series of entries which say " usb_control/bulk_msg:timeout" and in the middle of these enries a line which says"ttys1:lsr safety check engaged" .As a Linux newbie this has me totally baffled. Any pearls of wisdom to offer ? 
Update: After trying to configure printer manually I rebooted and hey presto the usb devices are now recognised. Don't quite know how or why unless someone out there is really good ! All I have to do now is make my scanner and zip drive actually work and I'm their !
Update 2: After ploughing through Howto's and other Linux aids I am no nearer solving this problem! Position is that I have 4 devices on a USB hub. A printer,which works fine, a Zip drive and Wireless optical mouse, which are listed in USB view but I can't get to function, and a scanner which I know is compatible with Linux but does not appear anywhere ! - Any help would be gratefully received.
Update 3; All problems resolved except Micrsoft usb Optical mouse. Pointer will only go up and down. Found a workround as follows:-
At text input" modprobe -r usbmouse"(enter) then "modprobe hid ". Mouse then works perfectly but I have to do this on every boot.
Any ideas ?
Similar Threads
-
By Droid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 08:09 AM
-
By gravity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By foraker_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By NoviceW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By jfitie in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules
$8499.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00