-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix nessus help
Hi, I am trying to use nessus but are having problems trying to update it. Firstly I want to update it using:
lynx -source http://install.nessus.org | sh
Then I run nessus-update-plugins
Then nessusd -D to run it
Now I'm not sure if it can download the new plugins as it's trying to use the readonly CD
Any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Your options are to install Knoppix to a hard disk so that you can get around the read-only disc or to use Knoppix 3.8 which has UnionFS to allow the user to "write" to the read-only CD. UnionFS takes a portion of your system's writeable RAM space and maps is on top of the CD filesystem so that changes that appear to be made to the read-only CD actually are made in the RAM space. If you wish to learn more about Knoppix 3.8 & UnionFS then http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17398 is a good place to start.
I hope this helps.
James
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks, I've had a look around, is 3.8 out to download?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Page 4 or page 5 of this http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17398 has a link to a bittorrent download for 3.8 Cebit Edition.
-
I followed the step here to update nessus and it worked for me using version 3.7:
http://www.digitalcloak.com/articles...t2/page03.html
Similar Threads
-
By tazman2oo0 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-15-2006, 11:11 PM
-
By nlehrer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 09:16 PM
-
By cqnc in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 04:43 PM
-
By ehoward777 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
-
By joeldd in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00