-
USB Port Problem
Hi, newbie here. I have a USB 1.1 port going to my printer. When I print a test page, it says it printed, but nothing goes to the printer. Question, do I have to set up something special for a USB 1.1 port?
Thanks,
John
-
Senior Member
registered user
There should be quite a bit to be found on this site about USB if you use the search function. There are many ways to gain info about USB. Do a lsmod to see what drivers are loaded. Do a dmesg to see all of your kernel messages from boot and find out what it tells you about USB. There is a program called usbview. Run it from the command line. You can do a cat /proc/bus/usb to see if your hub or anything connected to it shows up. If your device seems to be recognized you could run the Printer Wizard.
-

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
There should be quite a bit to be found on this site about USB if you use the search function. There are many ways to gain info about USB. Do a lsmod to see what drivers are loaded. Do a dmesg to see all of your kernel messages from boot and find out what it tells you about USB. There is a program called usbview. Run it from the command line. You can do a cat /proc/bus/usb to see if your hub or anything connected to it shows up. If your device seems to be recognized you could run the Printer Wizard.
Thanks,
I'll give those all a try.
John
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've had this happen before and, for me, the solution was picking a different driver. When you go through the KDE print wizard see if there isn't more than one driver for your printer. In my case I needed to choose the gimp-print driver. Post back if this helps.
-

Originally Posted by
aay
I've had this happen before and, for me, the solution was picking a different driver. When you go through the KDE print wizard see if there isn't more than one driver for your printer. In my case I needed to choose the gimp-print driver. Post back if this helps.
Yes, you're right. I found the problem to be with the drivers not the USB port. I had to switch to a CUPS type of printer.
Thanks for all your help.
John
-
Senior Member
registered user
Glad to hear that fixed you up and thanks for posting back that it worked.
Similar Threads
-
By kn2user in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
-
By vtechstu in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By oscar in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 03:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89