Downloaded and HD installed 3.8. Everything OK except I can't find where to config LILO. Not where it used to be! I just need to eliminate a couple of choices in the menu and give me more time for select. I'm old and it's too quick!
Downloaded and HD installed 3.8. Everything OK except I can't find where to config LILO. Not where it used to be! I just need to eliminate a couple of choices in the menu and give me more time for select. I'm old and it's too quick!
The lilo configuration file in knoppix is located at:
/etc/lilo.conf
edit the file to remove the boot options you don't want, then set the "timeout" variable to a higher number.
After you've done all this, get root and type:
lilo
that should do it.![]()
Thanks foamrotreturns. I did find it today. It was way past my bedtime last night and I didn't realize I had a permissions problem.![]()

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00