Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to export my actual DB from my website that I manage with PHPmyadmin to copy it into my /var/lib/mysql
I did not find how to do that...
I manage to create an empty DB but that's it
Thxs
Ludo
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to export my actual DB from my website that I manage with PHPmyadmin to copy it into my /var/lib/mysql
I did not find how to do that...
I manage to create an empty DB but that's it
Thxs
Ludo
Hope this helps,
What I did was setup a script that actually deletes the httpd.conf and php.ini files, and then creates links to my database folders and config files that are stored on my pen memory device. This way, I don't lose any of the data during a reboot.
#!/bin/sh
chmod 777 -R /etc/apache
chmod 777 -R /var/www
chmod 777 -R /etc/php4/apache
rm /etc/apache/httpd.conf
rm /etc/php4/apache/php.ini
ln -s /mnt/sda1/httpd.conf /etc/apache/httpd.conf
ln -s /mnt/sda1/htdocs /var/www/htdocs
ln -s /mnt/sda1/php.ini /etc/php4/apache/php.ini
apachectl start
chmod 777 -R /var/lib/mysql
ln -s /mnt/sda1/citydata /var/lib/mysql/citydata
/usr/bin/mysqld_safe &
echo "Done with setup"
MadWebGuru
Bruce
Hmm that's not exactly what I meant.
Perhaps I should try to post it on the HDD install. Because I've knoppix installed on my HDD.
thxs anyway
I just copied the actual files over from a different box.
Using the script I provided, you could create a empty folder that is linked into the /var/lib/mysql and then use phpMyAdmin to import a exported dump. The dump should contain the sql needed to define the tables for your database.
MadWebGuru
Bruce
According to www.phpmyadmin.net you can make a backup. Now the problem can be how to ftp those backups over, but that depends on the setup on your remote host.Originally Posted by Coume
[Edit]
According to their faq you can transfer the backup directly to your machine
[/Edit]
- - Edwin
hi,
Ok I'll try to have a deeper look into myphpadmin and see if my host allow to export the data too...
thxs
Ludo

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00
Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$350.00
Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H
$24.99
Vintage Apple II Software 5.25 Floppy Disk Lot DOS 3.3 HomeWord Webster’s 1980s
$34.99
Vintage Apple Computer Promotional EMPTY CASE Shoe Shine Box Gadget Storage Rare
$59.99
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99