Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I'm a noobie looking for a quick solution to my problems
So, where's the kernel source for Knoppix 3.2? Available? I've seen from some other posts that it's custom, but is it downloadable?
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I'm a noobie looking for a quick solution to my problems
So, where's the kernel source for Knoppix 3.2? Available? I've seen from some other posts that it's custom, but is it downloadable?
As far as the v3.2 2003-03-30 that I'm using goes...
I think everything you need's already in /usr/src, except for the source codes for the kernel and the xfs kernel patch, which can be d/l'd from debian.org as .deb packages. You'll also want to apply knoppix-kernel.patch, which raises the character limit for the boot prompt from 256 to 512 characters. You can ignore the xfs patch if you don't plan on supporting the xfs filesystem.
Specific info in /usr/src/kernel-source.README.
Not sure what the purpose of the included linux-2.4.20-xfs directories and the ptrace patch may be (didn't check), but nothing's blown up as a result of my ignoring them![]()
AFAIK, Knoppix doesn't come with the Kernel source. All it comes with are the kernel headers, and they can be found in /usr/src/linux.
ACtualy, it's the lack of kernel source is why I've decided to bag my knoppix hd-install and go with Mandrake. you maek compiling a new kernel sound prety easy, but it's realy not unless you are experienced.
How Kernel & how patches is used with this Knoppix. I want to download this kernel , patches & used .config file.
Is this kernel is patched for HP LJ1200 & Tekram-315U ?

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$450.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98