-
Senior Member
registered user
Add ~50MB compressed files to KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
I desire to add ~50mb of compressed apps to Knoppix3.8CeBit KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file.
I do not want to run a CD burn on the result (Too large for CD) but will run it on DVD.
The .iso to be developed will use the present contents of KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX with ~50MB added.
The burn will be made with a concatenated process using a "split" .iso format.
The details I need are the steps I need to produce just the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file with the added 50MB of compressed files.
The files are available with apt-get but require compression. I assume that all files in KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX have to be compressed from uncompressed state as a single file. I may be wrong on that point.
I hesitate to try the existing procedures since they are all based on holding the size to CD limits and performing steps which may not be necessary.
The purpose is to test the performance of the "split" .iso methodology with a minimal addition of 50MB compressed apps. The possible size of added apps is over 3GB.
Not having done a complete remaster, I am unsure of what steps are needed to do this KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX addition.
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 06:18 AM
-
By Ewen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By dubayou in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 08:16 AM
-
By JechiD in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:19 AM
-
By SillyFly in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00