-
Junior Member
registered user
I have broken package in synaptic?
I used module-assistant to update alsa and it has seemed to changed something but not the reason I tried to upgrade...I want to get sounds from two or more apps to play together, instead of queued??
I didn't fix that but now I have synaptic telling me I have a broken package and I need to install alsa-utils...I try but get
Unpacking alsa-utils (from .../alsa-utils_1.0.8-4_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.8-4_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/alsamixer', which is also in package knx-alsa
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.8-4_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
....so until I can fix this error I can't fix the broken package error?
My sound system is working ok except I can't get say desktop sound and audacity or xmms playing together??
can you help with any of these problems??
Similar Threads
-
By johnrw in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2008, 03:19 AM
-
By true1ever in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-19-2007, 09:20 PM
-
By Pumpino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 04:49 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 07:52 PM
-
By Fortran in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Oem Samsung BAR Plus 256 GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - Champagne/Silver NEW SEALED
$56.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00