You can enable the sounds for system events in the KDE Control Center.
Does Knoppix have sounds linked to events? I know when booting the CD there was a startup and shutdown message.
I copied my MP3(s) to Knooppix and they play fine. I just did not know if Knoppix had different souds with some event(s)
TIA
Radnor
You can enable the sounds for system events in the KDE Control Center.

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10
$22000.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack
$190.00
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point
$19.85
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99