-
Writing 2 windows file systems after booting from Hard disk
Hi there - I'm new to knoppix so apologies for my ignorance.
I don't have Knopix installed on my HD, but boot from the
Knoppix image on a spare internal hard drive ( hdb1 ).
The boot CD is in my CDROM drive at startup and at the boot up prompt
I enter " knoppix fromhd=/dev/hdb1 " to boot from the spare partition.
The system then runs from the Knoppix file on my spare partition and
I can take the CD out and free up my CDROM DRIVE.
The question I want to ask is can I , and if so how, write to my
other ( windows) partition. I want to save files from when I work in
Knoppix onto my hard disk. Obviously it wont' let me save to hdb1
but can I make hda1 writeable. hda1 is readable as I can read all my windows data
from it. How can I make this writeable so I can save my work from Knoppix onto it.
If it is writeable, does it have any detrimental effects on the hard drive in question ?
Use Windows98 SE which is installed on hda1.
Thanks a lot for your help !
Similar Threads
-
By eeoam in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By saorstat_eireann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:22 AM
-
By francy222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By Ionut in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 08:05 PM
-
By conor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Netgate SG-1100 firewall
$140.00