Hi all together,
I'm trying to get a USB to IDE - Adapter working on Knoppix 3.8 and Kernel 2.6.
There's no Icon poping up on the desktop when I plug it in - so I tried it be hand on commandline.
Looks like this:
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ su
root@1[knoppix]# mount -t vfat /dev/uba1 /mnt/uba1
mount: Einhängepunkt /mnt/uba1 existiert nicht
root@1[knoppix]# mkdir /mnt/uba1
root@1[knoppix]# mount -t vfat /dev/uba1 /mnt/uba1
mount: Kein Medium gefunden
I checked this - it works with different USB-sticks. But not with the adapter.
I tried the adapter with two different HDDs and a CD-Drive. Allways the same.
Its' specified for HDD, DVD-ROm, CD-ROM, CD_RW and all stuff like that.
Any ideas what to do?
Have a nice day!
poor_mans_knoppix![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
$170.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99