Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Password help...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    Password help...

    Hey I'm a newb when it comes to Linux, and when I went on vacation for a month in Feb. I have not been able to remember my XP login Password. I saw this and downloaded it at a friends house and I tried to use the password tools in my computer after it all booted up, but to no avail I had no clue how it worked. I dont know how to open any of the programs to crack or even find my password, and i set a password on my admin so I cant get in that way either. I could really use the help to get my password back.(I dont know anything about it so if you could go as much in detail, while still speaking english that would be great.) Thanks!

    Newb

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Take a look at the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor project. It works well.

    The book Knoppix Hacks tells you, at length, how to install and use a single program called "chntpw" (from the project above) while running the Knoppix live CD, if you're interested in purchasing it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    thanks it worked, btw I still would like to know how the whole password thing on Knoppix works if anyone would humor me on that.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie07
    thanks it worked, btw I still would like to know how the whole password thing on Knoppix works if anyone would humor me on that.
    I just found an answer for me in
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...admin+password

    so I unnastann that bit a bit betterer.

Similar Threads

  1. Password?
    By Mark7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
  2. Root Password ( what is it? )
    By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
  3. Password
    By jjbergdolt in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:19 PM
  4. password
    By jesusfreind in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 12:21 AM
  5. How to Change Password to No Password?
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$179.99