-
tty screen mode
well, I just found about shift-pgup
which saves some stress.....
trying to read
ls /etc
where the output is way long for the screen
but, I'd like to change the screen from the standard 80x25 to 80x43....
I can set this mode during boot up, but after loading (I think) /etc/modules the screen changes back to 80x25
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can also pipe the output of the "ls" command into a pager. For example:
ls /etc | less
Then you can use the Page Up/Page Down keys to scroll through the output, the "Home" and "End" keys to go to the beginning and the end, the up and down arrows to scroll one line at a time, and "q" to quit. ("man" usually uses "less" as its pager.)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: tty screen mode
--If you're setting ' vga=ext ' or whatever at boot, you'll have to go thru /etc/rcS.d and the other runlevels (or whatever your default runlevel is - check /etc/inittab) and find out what's setting the console font. Then comment out the part of the script that changes it.
--For me, on hdinstall, it was /etc/rcS.d/S48console-screen.sh -> ../init.d/console-screen.sh
--I've noticed the live-cd overriding the vga= boot parm as well; you might want to submit this to Klaus as a bug.

Originally Posted by
marhleet
well, I just found about shift-pgup
which saves some stress.....
trying to read
ls /etc
where the output is way long for the screen
but, I'd like to change the screen from the standard 80x25 to 80x43....
I can set this mode during boot up, but after loading (I think) /etc/modules the screen changes back to 80x25
Similar Threads
-
By wilscco in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
-
By Mr Cornelius in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-21-2007, 10:16 AM
-
By ilan1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
-
By robwelch100 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00