look: http://ioni.no-ip.com/acerKnoppix.jpg
never continues from that situation.
if started with filesafe it starts but doesn't find wlan.
Sry my english.![]()
look: http://ioni.no-ip.com/acerKnoppix.jpg
never continues from that situation.
if started with filesafe it starts but doesn't find wlan.
Sry my english.![]()
try to start computer with
should get you booted.Code:knoppix26 nodhcp
If you then use wlanconfig (penguinicon-->Network/internet-->WaveLan configuration) to setup your wireless lan...
try that and see if you can get it working, if not ask (and please be specific)
I started with knoppix26 nodhc and result is
here: http://ioni dot no-ip.com/acerKnoppix2.jpg
hangs to stating X11...
Now after 10 minutes commandline becomes and I typed startx.
I tried that wavelan configuration, but it says that no wireless network card found.
um oook, hmm, should work great, i have tried knoppix in several Acer laptops. hmm, have you tried other cheatcode combinations? like below?
see here for more cheatcodesCode:knoppix26 nodhcp screen=1024x768 xmodule=vesa
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
bu the way, what card do you have?
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG network connection
go here for more info, sadly it seems like it is NOT included with knoppix (for obvous reasons)
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/
here is what intel themselves say about things.
http://support.intel.com/support/not.../CS-006408.htm
hmm, can you use a wired network? THAT is suported.
sure I can use wired network but who needs laptop if only wired network is awailable.
I might have to hd install knoppix before trying that driver?
Still I am so n00b that I don't think that I could eaven get it workHave to use XP
![]()
ouch, that must hurt.
i wish i could help more.

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core Processor with Radeon
$385.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99
Dell Precision 7530 Laptop Intel Core i7 8th Gen 32GB RAM 512GB NVMe Win 11 Pro
$249.99
(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
Apple MacBook Pro 13" M1 8-Core GPU 16GB RAM 256GB SSD 2020 Space Gray • Good
$499.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00