-
acer 4501WLMi

look: http://ioni.no-ip.com/acerKnoppix.jpg
never continues from that situation.
if started with filesafe it starts but doesn't find wlan.
Sry my english.
-
Senior Member
registered user
try to start computer with
should get you booted.
If you then use wlanconfig (penguinicon-->Network/internet-->WaveLan configuration) to setup your wireless lan...
try that and see if you can get it working, if not ask (and please be specific)
-
I started with knoppix26 nodhc and result is
here: http://ioni dot no-ip.com/acerKnoppix2.jpg
hangs to stating X11...
-
Now after 10 minutes commandline becomes and I typed startx.
I tried that wavelan configuration, but it says that no wireless network card found.
-
Senior Member
registered user
um oook, hmm, should work great, i have tried knoppix in several Acer laptops. hmm, have you tried other cheatcode combinations? like below?
Code:
knoppix26 nodhcp screen=1024x768 xmodule=vesa
see here for more cheatcodes
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
-
Senior Member
registered user
bu the way, what card do you have?
-
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG network connection
-
Senior Member
registered user
go here for more info, sadly it seems like it is NOT included with knoppix (for obvous reasons)
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/
here is what intel themselves say about things.
http://support.intel.com/support/not.../CS-006408.htm
hmm, can you use a wired network? THAT is suported.
-
sure I can use wired network but who needs laptop if only wired network is awailable.
I might have to hd install knoppix before trying that driver?
Still I am so n00b that I don't think that I could eaven get it work
Have to use XP
-
Senior Member
registered user
ouch, that must hurt.
i wish i could help more.
Similar Threads
-
By keeper in forum Laptops
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
-
By beausimon in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 07:05 AM
-
By ying-yang7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
-
By elektro_flash in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 02:47 PM
-
By rms46 in forum Laptops
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99