It's possible, but it'll be far easier just to reinstall to the new drive and then copy over your old /home.
That'll preserve most of your settings.
You might even like to install a newer version while you're at it, or Kanopix...........![]()
I just bought a new harddrive and now I want to move my linux install from my old drive over to a much larger partition on my new drive. I don't mind reinstalling, but i'd like to avoid it if possible. I searched the forums, but they only told me how to move my home directory. I want to move my entire install over. Is it possible to do this? If not, can I save all my settings so I can use them again?
It's possible, but it'll be far easier just to reinstall to the new drive and then copy over your old /home.
That'll preserve most of your settings.
You might even like to install a newer version while you're at it, or Kanopix...........![]()
There is a program designed to do this and I've sucessfully used it too.
Go here: http://mkcdrec.ota.be/project/
Disk cloning is a feature of mkcdrec Try it you'll like it.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50