I was in the same boat like you after the upgrade, reinstalling libxine1 didn't did the trick because always skip the codec library need in xine for that archives.
The next code work for me
Code:apt-get install libtheora0
I can't seem to run ogg video in xine after i use apt-get upgrade. It says something about demux. I have no idea what to do. Do i need a new library or something?
I was in the same boat like you after the upgrade, reinstalling libxine1 didn't did the trick because always skip the codec library need in xine for that archives.
The next code work for me
Code:apt-get install libtheora0
That did work, but the library that i could download was pretty old. It didn't work all that well and chopped up quite a bit. I found an updated version at www.theora.org but i don't know how to compile (yes, i'm a newb)
Can you help me out? I have version 1.0 alpha 4
Which are the specs of your machine, i have used always that codec until recently and never encounter that the codec is the problem, always was the hardware. In which program you have these syntoms ? Xine, mplayer...?Originally Posted by dantheman10110
If you have in your etc/apt/apt.conf the word TESTING (default in knoppix) then the versión alpha3-1 is the top for you, frankly i don't understand why you did and upgrade and keep staying on testing when you could have choose UNSTABLE for the newest realeases (There is great topic on this thanks to Hydralisk: HOWTO: Upgrade to Debian Unstable)
I obtain the file you mention using apt-get, I don't recommend you compile this package for the dependencies problem you may obtain, I'm reading the README at this moment for compiling but you 'll encounter the problem mentioned.
If you want that codec at all cost, use the option for unstable on apt-get
That should give you the version alpha4-1you wantCode:apt-get install -t unstable libtheora0

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00
NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89