Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

    Hi, I want to boot Knoppix Live-On-CD to run a diagnostic on my system to see if a problem I am having with my touchpad is hardware related or software related.

    Long story short, I try to boot Knoppix and it gets to the point where it says "eth0 dectected" and something like "DCHP present looking for IP" right after. No matter how long I wait it just gets stuck at this line and won't go past.

    I don't want the internet when I boot Knoppix up so is there any way to disable it so I can get Knoppix booted. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You will have to boot with a cheatcode to get knoppix running.
    Go here: http://www.knoppix.nl/3.7/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118

    Re: Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhuehn
    Hi, I want to boot Knoppix Live-On-CD to run a diagnostic on my system to see if a problem I am having with my touchpad is hardware related or software related.

    Long story short, I try to boot Knoppix and it gets to the point where it says "eth0 dectected" and something like "DCHP present looking for IP" right after. No matter how long I wait it just gets stuck at this line and won't go past.

    I don't want the internet when I boot Knoppix up so is there any way to disable it so I can get Knoppix booted. Thanks.
    To boot to a working enviroment do, at the boot: prompt:

    knoppix nodhcp


    What kind of LAN card?

    And which version of Knoppix, if less than 3.8, are you using kernel 2.4.x or kernel 2.6.x. Prior to V3.8 you would be typing knoppix26 to use 2.6 v. the default 2.4 in earlier versions.

    I am trying to determine if the problem with network cards under 2.6.x kernel is more wide spread than just a single type of card.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. HD (Win XP Pro) won't boot after using Knoppix Live CD
    By Segrob in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
  2. knoppix live cd will not boot for me
    By obnascar in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:32 PM
  3. Video Problems on Boot - v 3.8.2 Live CD
    By richb01 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
  4. boot knoppix live
    By doubleo22 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 06:39 AM
  5. can't boot frm knoppix live cd...
    By kevin7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT picture

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT

$150.00



SK hynix 16GB PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin picture

SK hynix 16GB PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin

$65.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot 50x Samsung 32GB DDR4-2400T ECC 2Rx4 PC4-19200 M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q Server RAM picture

Lot 50x Samsung 32GB DDR4-2400T ECC 2Rx4 PC4-19200 M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q Server RAM

$12750.00



Lot of 10 Samsung 32 GB DDR4 2666V M393A4K40BB2 Server Memory picture

Lot of 10 Samsung 32 GB DDR4 2666V M393A4K40BB2 Server Memory

$1999.99



Hynix ECC SERVER RAM - 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 HMA84GR7DJ4RN - XN T4 AD picture

Hynix ECC SERVER RAM - 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 HMA84GR7DJ4RN - XN T4 AD

$375.00



Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R DDR3 ECC RDIMM M393B2G70DB0-CMA picture

Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R DDR3 ECC RDIMM M393B2G70DB0-CMA

$49.99



SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM picture

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM

$289.95