Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

    Hi, I want to boot Knoppix Live-On-CD to run a diagnostic on my system to see if a problem I am having with my touchpad is hardware related or software related.

    Long story short, I try to boot Knoppix and it gets to the point where it says "eth0 dectected" and something like "DCHP present looking for IP" right after. No matter how long I wait it just gets stuck at this line and won't go past.

    I don't want the internet when I boot Knoppix up so is there any way to disable it so I can get Knoppix booted. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You will have to boot with a cheatcode to get knoppix running.
    Go here: http://www.knoppix.nl/3.7/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118

    Re: Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhuehn
    Hi, I want to boot Knoppix Live-On-CD to run a diagnostic on my system to see if a problem I am having with my touchpad is hardware related or software related.

    Long story short, I try to boot Knoppix and it gets to the point where it says "eth0 dectected" and something like "DCHP present looking for IP" right after. No matter how long I wait it just gets stuck at this line and won't go past.

    I don't want the internet when I boot Knoppix up so is there any way to disable it so I can get Knoppix booted. Thanks.
    To boot to a working enviroment do, at the boot: prompt:

    knoppix nodhcp


    What kind of LAN card?

    And which version of Knoppix, if less than 3.8, are you using kernel 2.4.x or kernel 2.6.x. Prior to V3.8 you would be typing knoppix26 to use 2.6 v. the default 2.4 in earlier versions.

    I am trying to determine if the problem with network cards under 2.6.x kernel is more wide spread than just a single type of card.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. HD (Win XP Pro) won't boot after using Knoppix Live CD
    By Segrob in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
  2. knoppix live cd will not boot for me
    By obnascar in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:32 PM
  3. Video Problems on Boot - v 3.8.2 Live CD
    By richb01 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
  4. boot knoppix live
    By doubleo22 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 06:39 AM
  5. can't boot frm knoppix live cd...
    By kevin7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Intel Xeon E5-2697v2 ( E5-2697 v2)  SR19H -  2.7GHz 12 Core LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5-2697v2 ( E5-2697 v2) SR19H - 2.7GHz 12 Core LGA2011

$35.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99



Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11 picture

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11

$699.00