Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

    Hi, I want to boot Knoppix Live-On-CD to run a diagnostic on my system to see if a problem I am having with my touchpad is hardware related or software related.

    Long story short, I try to boot Knoppix and it gets to the point where it says "eth0 dectected" and something like "DCHP present looking for IP" right after. No matter how long I wait it just gets stuck at this line and won't go past.

    I don't want the internet when I boot Knoppix up so is there any way to disable it so I can get Knoppix booted. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You will have to boot with a cheatcode to get knoppix running.
    Go here: http://www.knoppix.nl/3.7/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118

    Re: Can't boot Knoppix live-on-cd: IP problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhuehn
    Hi, I want to boot Knoppix Live-On-CD to run a diagnostic on my system to see if a problem I am having with my touchpad is hardware related or software related.

    Long story short, I try to boot Knoppix and it gets to the point where it says "eth0 dectected" and something like "DCHP present looking for IP" right after. No matter how long I wait it just gets stuck at this line and won't go past.

    I don't want the internet when I boot Knoppix up so is there any way to disable it so I can get Knoppix booted. Thanks.
    To boot to a working enviroment do, at the boot: prompt:

    knoppix nodhcp


    What kind of LAN card?

    And which version of Knoppix, if less than 3.8, are you using kernel 2.4.x or kernel 2.6.x. Prior to V3.8 you would be typing knoppix26 to use 2.6 v. the default 2.4 in earlier versions.

    I am trying to determine if the problem with network cards under 2.6.x kernel is more wide spread than just a single type of card.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. HD (Win XP Pro) won't boot after using Knoppix Live CD
    By Segrob in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
  2. knoppix live cd will not boot for me
    By obnascar in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:32 PM
  3. Video Problems on Boot - v 3.8.2 Live CD
    By richb01 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
  4. boot knoppix live
    By doubleo22 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 06:39 AM
  5. can't boot frm knoppix live cd...
    By kevin7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Dell 7H4CN07H4CN 2GB 12 Gbps Mono Raid Controller picture

Dell 7H4CN07H4CN 2GB 12 Gbps Mono Raid Controller

$40.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers picture

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers

$164.95



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00