-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
grant_vallance
Mr_Mike,
I would not give up just yet ...
1. What is the chipset? -- I had a look on the master list but your model is not listed for some reason (at least that I could find).
lspci
or
lsusb
I believe should give you a clue ...
The reason I ask is that different versions of ndiswrapper are more or less compatible with different versions of the same chipset driver. E.g. For the Belkin 765D7000/7010 different versions using the same chipset require different versions of the driver and IIRC it also depends on the version of ndiswrapper.
That should be enough to start with.
I'll try and be of assistance.
Regards,
Grant D. Vallance
PS. NOT a GNU/Linux guru, but only someone who managed to get his wireless working and post a coherentish post about it. Oh and someone willing to learn

I don't know what master list you used. The Ndiswrapper wiki shows:
***
Card: NETGEAR WG111 verison 2 802.11g Wireless USB2.0 Adapter
Chipset: Prism54
usbid: 0846:4240
Driver: Netgear windows driver Version: NETGEAR, Inc.,10/05/2004, 2.1 from http://www.netgear.com
Other: Works well. To get the driver, unzip it. The ndis drivers are in the ndis directory. Used kernel Running Slackware v10.1 (kernel 2.6.10) ndiswrapper ver 1.1rc3 . There is a native driver for Prism54 that is working on USB support. Veiw its status at Prism54.org
***
That matches my card. Its a WG111 V2. There are a couple of other entries for the WG111 V2 as well.
So far, it seems that what I need to do is upgrade to ndiswrapper V 1.1 or so. The version of ndiswrapper included with Knoppix 3.6 is 0.81 (or 0.80 maybe).
So, I started the process of upgrading ndiswrapper and probably completely screwed up my installation. I've deleted all the ndiswrapper stuff, but I don't have the new ndiswrapper source properly installed. Also, I apparently need the kernel version 2.6.7 headers (which are not included on the Knoppix CD either). Knoppix 3.6 has the kernel 2.4.x source with patches to 2.6, but I have no clue how to use this to get version 2.6 headers. Thus, I have no idea where to go from here. I think I'm going to download the Knoppix V 3.8 CeBit disk and start over. That should have kernel 2.6.x and might have a newer version of ndiswrapper. At least thats what I hope. Its not too hard to reload the hard disk. There is really no personal data on the disk and the small changes I've made to lilo and the Xfree config are simple.
I'm not ready to give up for sure.
Similar Threads
-
By finferflu in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By bobeltomate in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:34 PM
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 02:59 PM
-
By rickymoney in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 08:57 PM
-
By abeyve in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00