Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Kernal:VFS:Unable to mount fs on 01:03 on knpooix v3.7

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    Kernal:VFS:Unable to mount fs on 01:03 on knpooix v3.7

    So I have a HP pavillion 7840 pc running windows me (don't laugh it wasn't my choice) with a celeron 766mhz and Intergrated Intel 82810 graphics and 256mb of mem. I tryed to install windows xp pro but gay hp decided to make my pc only compatable with windows me and that was a big pain trying to install that. Anyway I am new to knoppix or anyhting linux. So I put in the cd and reboot my pc and the first screen comes up that says knoppix v3.7 and the bootprompt is there I try to run knoppix using the command "Knoppix" and the first thing that comes up is a a video something error and I select 0 and then it starts loading but after a few seconds I get this Kernal:VFS:Unable to mount fs on 01:03 error I don't have any clue what it means so any help would be greatly apriacated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6

    Failsafe Booting in Knoppix

    First, Knoppix works with a far greater variety of hardware than Windows does out of the box. That doesn't say that HP didn't make some custom driver used in your ME system. (Babylon 5 reference: I didn't say anything then, and I'm not saying anything now.)

    When you get to the first boot screen, try this:

    knoppix26 noscsi screen=800x600 lang=us

    You may encounter error messages about an undefined video mode. Just press enter twice.

    If that doesn't get you to your Knoppix desktop, try rebooting the computer (probably involves the power switch at this point)
    and try:

    failsafe lang=us

    Unless you like your error messages in German.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the help but it didn't work. I tried the first knoppix26 noscsi screen=800x600 lang=us and I get a system halted thin it's then frozen. Then I tryed the failsafe but I get the same error message I orginaly worte about

Similar Threads

  1. unable to mount vfat...
    By Sandeep in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
  2. Unable to mount /tmp/app/1
    By xmonkee in forum Klik
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
  3. Booting via PXE: Unable to mount NFS share
    By asdf in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 06:18 PM
  4. Unable to mount /dev/app/1 [solution]
    By garbas in forum Klik
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
  5. unable to mount /mnt/app/1
    By NepoMUC in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



(2) Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10G SR SFP+ Transceiver Modules 10-3105-01 - Genuine picture

(2) Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10G SR SFP+ Transceiver Modules 10-3105-01 - Genuine

$32.88



AddOn 25Gbs Dual Open SFP28 Port PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Interface Card w/PXE boot picture

AddOn 25Gbs Dual Open SFP28 Port PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Interface Card w/PXE boot

$423.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04 picture

NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04

$38.00