Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: StyleSheets in Konqueror

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35

    StyleSheets in Konqueror

    Hi:

    I am trying to use my custom Stylesheet in Konqueror, but this browser juts ignores my stylesheet, is there any way around. I checked all the Konqueor Settings.

    Thanks,
    AJ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    I have no idea! But I'll take a stab at it anyway!

    Does

    Settings > Configure Konqueror... > scroll down to the "Stylesheets" icon in the left-hand pane and click on it > click the "Use user-defined stylesheet" radio button + tell it the location of your stylesheet > click "OK"

    do anything for you?

    (Interesting question. Why would you want to use your own stylesheet to view every web page?)

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    It is strange, The StyleSheet is selected as described by you, When I open HTMl files saved on the disk it opens in my CSS, but when I visit websites my stylesheet is overriden with the actual pagestyle of that site, I dont know where to set overide pagestyle.

    AJ

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    The only thing I can add is, as you probably already know, external stylesheets are overridden (or modified) by stylesheets in the <head> section of the page, and those stylesheets are overridden (or modified) by <style> tags in the body (the "cascade" in "cascading style sheets").

    So, where does your custom stylesheet fall in this chain?

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    With What I see, it is a composite of the site's pagestyle and my CSS. I chose use custom StyleSheet from Seetings in Konqueror, I dont see my fonts being selected. I see only the site's fonts. It would not be a big deal if for the reason I have a dark background and Light foreground fonts in my CSS. Now all fonts are dark on dark background. FireFox and Opera have an option to set our fonts & colors over website's. I dont see any setting for precedence of our colors & fonts in Konqueror Settings. Mostly I use Opera, but it would be convenient to use Konqueror as a filemanager as well.

    Thanks,

    AJ

Similar Threads

  1. flashplugin for konqueror
    By fabiand in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 09:47 PM
  2. replaceing konqueror in kde?
    By beige_matchbox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 10:30 PM
  3. apache2 issues with pictures and stylesheets
    By dkennedy in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:02 PM
  4. konqueror without KDE
    By cyber_moron in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 02:39 AM
  5. Konqueror
    By porchy in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01