-
lilo do want tto write in hda..
So just explain siince the beginning .. I had install knoppix 3.1 on my hd .. working well no problem with my lilo (that change some option and re run without any kind of pb..)
But following a power pb (even witth reiserfs) I had to restore my partition table with gpart (because even with the live cd I couldn't access at any type of partition even ntfs or fat !!) so this big problem solve just reboot and I see that lilo wasn't any more here ..
(say no pb nothing very hard now ..!)
So i boot with the live cd
and write as usual
#sudo su
#mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 {my / partition in reiserfs}
#chroot /mnt/hda3
#lilo-v
But here i had this error
bash-2.05b# lilo -v
LILO version 22.4.1, Copyright (C) 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger
Development beyond version 21 Copyright (C) 1999-2002 John Coffman
Released 27-Jan-2003 and compiled at 09:45:24 on Feb 27 2003.
Reading boot sector from /dev/hda
Fatal: open /dev/hda: Permission denied
so I just check if my bios was protecting my mbr against some virus
(I have win so can be useful to activated sometimes) but wasn't activat..
so i look after some doc on the man page and see the
install-mbr /dev/hda
we look like to work
(I've seen the "mbr" print on my screen after it and always boot on win .. ;-( )
so I just try again lilo and nothing different .. Grrrr
so here a part of my lilo.conf
################################
vga=791
lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
prompt
timeout=150
append="hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce"
default=Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-xfs
label=Linux
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
label=LinuxOLD
read-only
optional
other=/dev/hda1
label="WinXP"
all point of view or comment .. are welcome ..
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By tendril in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 09:59 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
-
By gieltje in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By lilliput in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99