is somebody could erase this topic .. 2 are present with the same conttents sorry ..i haven't seen the little cross to take it back
So just explain siince the beginning .. I had install knoppix 3.1 on my hd .. working well no problem with my lilo (that change some option and re run without any kind of pb..)
But following a power pb (even witth reiserfs) I had to restore my partition table with gpart (because even with the live cd I couldn't access at any type of partition even ntfs or fat !!) so this big problem solve just reboot and I see that lilo wasn't any more here ..
(say no pb nothing very hard now ..!)
So i boot with the live cd
and write as usual
#sudo su
#mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 {my / partition in reiserfs}
#chroot /mnt/hda3
#lilo-v
But here i had this error
bash-2.05b# lilo -v
LILO version 22.4.1, Copyright (C) 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger
Development beyond version 21 Copyright (C) 1999-2002 John Coffman
Released 27-Jan-2003 and compiled at 09:45:24 on Feb 27 2003.
Reading boot sector from /dev/hda
Fatal: open /dev/hda: Permission denied
so I just check if my bios was protecting my mbr against some virus
(I have win so can be useful to activated sometimes) but wasn't activat..
so i look after some doc on the man page and see the
install-mbr /dev/hda
we look like to work
(I've seen the "mbr" print on my screen after it and always boot on win .. ;-( )
so I just try again lilo and nothing different .. Grrrr
so here a part of my lilo.conf
################################
vga=791
lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
prompt
timeout=150
append="hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce"
default=Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-xfs
label=Linux
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
label=LinuxOLD
read-only
optional
other=/dev/hda1
label="WinXP"
all point of view or comment .. are welcome ..
is somebody could erase this topic .. 2 are present with the same conttents sorry ..i haven't seen the little cross to take it back

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00