Ok. For the past few weeks I've been trying to install modem drivers under Knoppix. The problems started when I discovered I had a "winmodem" and that there really was no support for the Conexant HSF Softmodem under Linux. I downloaded the Linuxant modem drivers and tried to install them. Unfortunately it came up with a read/write error, unable to write to the filesystem. I tried setting up a persistant home on a USB storage device and installing the drivers there but to no avail. Then I decided To try it on a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop with a PcTel modem. I downloaded the drivers (pctel-0.9.7-9.tar.gz), unpacked them and tried to install them. After I resolved the "please enter your hal type" problem, I continued the install. But, alas the same problem. "can not make directory" file system is read only. I used the following command to install the drivers, ./setup. Now the question. Is there any way to install these drivers to the USB device, in my persistant home or something? How do I get around the read/write thing? My hard drive is formatted NTFS, not FAT. It seems like it should be a common thing, but I really haven't been able to come up with any info on it across the internet. If someone could help me out or atleast point me to an answer I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4 2933MHz PC4-2933Y 2Rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM M393A4K40CB2-CVFBY
$270.00
lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested
$1000.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39