-
Help with K3B, noob to knoppix and linux please help
Hi, my windows Xp recently suffered a major crash, and I am not able to get into my computer through windows. Since i figured this was a crash on my operating system, and I need to back up some files, I figured id try knoppix. I have 2 cd drives(the one i am not running knoppix on, the one i would burn with is a MadDog 6 in 1 dvd burner.), and planned to use K3b to save my data. I am using knoppix 3.7 EN.
First I mounted my harddrive then opened it up in konquer. Then I opened up K3b and preceeded to drag the files from the mounted partion to the K3b program. I was able to "successfully" burn the files onto a disk, as the program said I did. When I attempted to veiw these files on my mothers work laptop(which runs WinXP) to make sure they were burned correctly, but when I tried to view the contents of the cd, it said there was a d:/ drive error, and the cd could not be read. When I tried to view it on my brothers computer (a dell, with no internet, because I had to freshly reformat it and dells are a pain to fix up so everything works), it said there was no disk in the drive. I burned these files twice, on 2 different disks, and got the same results both times. I got angry and hoped maybe someone here could help me out (as google gave no help, it couldnt even tell me to drag the files from my partion...).
Now, I would network with the laptop, but because its my mother's "work" laptop, I am not allowed to network it because i may give it viruses from all my so called "corrupt" files. I know my harddrive and data were not damaged, only the operating system, so i should be able to recover the data. I would also network with that other dell computer but i have not been able to get any sort of internet or LAN connection running though that thing, as stupid dell had to seperate ALL of its drivers from the actuall winXP installation.
If any more information is needed about my system I will gladly relay it to you as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help if anyone can help me out here.
Similar Threads
-
By Caboose in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:44 PM
-
By Catdaemon in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:30 AM
-
By akvasu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 04:15 PM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 05:35 PM
-
By koma in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00