Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot to CDROM using LILO?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    11

    Boot to CDROM using LILO?

    I don't believe this is possible, but am looking for confirmation.

    I want to boot a CDROM (KNoppix) using LILO on the first harddrive. I want to do this because the bios on my laptop is locked and I cannot get it to boot via bios.

    (If you are curious, this is a corporate laptop that I want to use during off-time as a personal asset)

    I have imaged a second hard drive using my desktop, but the process is imperfect as the image contains stuff for hardware from the desktop. I would like to use this harddrive to force a CDROM boot and then re-image the harddrive using the correct hardware.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    Instead of trying to use lilo you might check out smart boot manger http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/about.html
    which iclaims to be able to do what you want. I haven't used SBM to boot from a cdrom but it is an excellant
    bootloader. In fact there are several lesser known (than grub & lilo) bootloaders that have great features
    Gujin is one I like alot. Anyway Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Similar Threads

  1. boot cdrom
    By davidebond in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 03:32 AM
  2. Smart Boot Manager cannot see SCSI CDROM, how do I boot?
    By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:12 AM
  3. boot from cdrom and hd?
    By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 02:29 AM
  4. Boot cd with lilo or grub boot disk
    By keava in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99