As far as I can tell, K3b is just a GUI front end on top of cdrecord, cdrtools, mkisofs. Have you updated those tools to the lastest available versions?
Well I had 0.11.09 of k3b and it didn't burn multisession
Now I have 0.11.23 and it still doesn't burn multisession
I have Knoppix 3.4
As far as I can tell, K3b is just a GUI front end on top of cdrecord, cdrtools, mkisofs. Have you updated those tools to the lastest available versions?

2.0 LBS Vintage Scrap Memory RAM FOR Gold Recovery PC & SERVER RAM UNSHIELDED
$110.00
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99
Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00
Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00