Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: wusb54g

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    wusb54g

    I finally got my linksys wusb54g working with knoppix 3.8 hard drive install. however whenever the system reboots I have to execute to following commands
    to get back online. Is there any way I could have the hotplug? daemon do this for me and take care of unloading everthing should i unplug the usb wlan card?
    root@gondor:# modprobe ndiswrapper //loads the driver
    root@gondor:# iwconfig wlan0 essid home //sets which network i want
    root@gondor:# wpa_supplicant -B -Dndiswrapper -i wlan0 // turns on wpa
    root@gondor:# ifup wlan0 //brings up interface

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1
    Sorry, this is not a reply to your post but a question. I've been trying to get wusb54g to work with fedora 3 with no success so I'm looking for another linux os to try it with. Looks like you were able to do this with knoppix 3.8. Obviously, you used ndiswrapper but is there anything special that you had to do to get it to work?

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1
    i own a linksys wusb54g and a SMC usb 2862w [ 54g ]

    both are not detected by the latest 3.8.1 knoppix distro live cd....

    no matter how much i used the given ndiswrapper...

    still no dice...

    about to give up...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 06:35 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 03:13 AM
  3. Linksys wusb54g & knoppix
    By DrCrock in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 02:30 AM
  4. Linksys WUSB54G and knoppix v3.9
    By Crockaliptics in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 03:57 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00