Iīm trying to install / use my USB - Digital Camera (CASIO QV-R4) Camera under KNOPPIX 3.3.
I tried to do this in KDE Control Center - but it didnīt support my camera.
Has anybody any experience?
thank you,
stefan
Iīm trying to install / use my USB - Digital Camera (CASIO QV-R4) Camera under KNOPPIX 3.3.
I tried to do this in KDE Control Center - but it didnīt support my camera.
Has anybody any experience?
thank you,
stefan
I just bought a usb 6-n-1 card reader for mine and when I put in a card (sd/cf/smart,etc..) and boot knoppix live it makes it plug-and-play and treats the media like a normal hard drive.Makes it easy to move files between the camera and debian just by swaping the card.The reader was about 30bucks.
Not what your looking for by a possiable solution.
Yes this is a good solution. I bought a small little reader and am quite happy with it.Originally Posted by Tech2k
On the other hand try running gtkam and see if it detects your camera. You may want to consult the gtkam website to see if your camera is supported.
I have had much success simply mounting my Toshiba as /dev/sda1.
YES- I mount my Fuji FinePix 1400Zoom by editing the /etc/fstab file:
# This will add support for a USB camera to be mounted as a removable media
/dev/sda1 /mnt/XXXX auto noauto,user,rw 0
Remember to create the directory XXXX (can be any name) under /mnt (You can also make this any directory, anywhere.
Good Luck,
Civ
Yes some cameras will work like this because they function as a generic usb hard drive (not mine), but this will certainly not work with all cameras. Perhaps not even the majority. Fortunately for you it appears that your model can be treated as a simple usb hard drive. I discovered this by looking at the links below. Check them out and you should be able to get your camera working. The fist link shows which cameras us the usb mass storage device driver. The second one is more suited to your casio.Originally Posted by CivilEng
http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html
http://www.harald-schreiber.de/
For reference the gphoto2 page is also quite helpful.
Thanks for the fast help. Mounting my camera as a removable media works fine.
Thanks a lot.
Stefan
![]()
I tried the change to fstab but I get "/dev/sda1 is not a valid blockOriginally Posted by tweety77
device".
What am I doing wring?
TIA
Paul
Try /dev/sdb1
instead of /dev/sda1
This assumes that you already assigned a device to /dev/sda1 so we move to the next available: sdb1
Play with it if you have more than two devices like this.
sakiZ
if you issue the coimand below in a console the information displayed
might help you solve the puzzle.Code:dmesg|grep sd

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88
Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99
IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99
2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00
IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99
IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99
IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49
IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00
Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK OEM Genuine
$7.99
NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95