Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 1400x1050 screen resolution does not work

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49

    1400x1050 screen resolution does not work

    Hi all

    I have a notebook with a screen resolution of 1400x1050 pixels. I tried knoppix as a VMWare virtual machine and it had no problem with this resolution when using cheat code knoppix screen=1400x1050, but now I installed it as a real OS beside Windows XP, and now the screen is only 1280x???. This is very nasty because all fonts and lines are very unsharpened...
    Is there a solution for my problem? I have an Acer Travelmate 630 with an NVidia2 Go graphics card which is detected without a problem... I used the knoppix cheat screen=1400x1050 when I started the install programm, but anyway knoppix booted in 1280x??? mode...

    A strange fact also is that I can not view movies in full screen mode or change the screen resolution inside knoppix! When I do something like that then the screen turns black and freezes...

    I tried the screen resolution with Morphix 0.5 GUI and it had no problem with 1400x1050... :-/ So it definitely should work and the problem is somewhere within knoppix, I think...

    Please help me, I'd be very thankful for hints and info.

    Have a great time, Josh

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    in a tty prompt screen, (d'oh, sorry)

    try kxconfig and see how your system is configured.
    you can probably get it to a better config than the auto probe does.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by marhleet
    in a tty prompt screen, (d'oh, sorry)

    try kxconfig and see how your system is configured.
    you can probably get it to a better config than the auto probe does.
    thank you, i gonna try that.

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Resolution
    By tilleyrw in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
  2. Screen Resolution 1400x1050?
    By Josh83 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
  3. 1400x1050 resolution on a Dell Inspiron 8100
    By societelibre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:00 AM
  4. Screen Resolution
    By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
  5. Screen Resolution 1024x768 does not work
    By veuf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00