-
tohd fails
I can boot and run Knoppix 3.4 off the CD w/o problems, but I cannot get it to copy to the HD. Without using the Knoppix CD the computer has WinNT, 256 megs of RAM and everything works fine.
I have tried:
knoppix26 tohd=/dev/hda6
knoppix tohd=/dev/hda6
In both cases copying starts and eventually makes it to 100%, then:
"Copying KNOPPIX CDROM failed. /dev/hda6 possibly has not enough space left." Other than that there are no error messages.
After the process, QPartd shows that /dev/hda6 has 787.47 MB used. I have reformatted, and set to writable, hda6 before beginning each try.
/dev/hda6 is a 1.5 Gig logical partition I have formatted as ext3 (the rest of hda is NTFS). I made the partition in QPartd, formatted it and then did chmod 777 on the whole /dev/hda6 before trying to get tohd to work. I have also tried setting up hda6 as FAT32, but I get the same results.
QPartd shows the disk has:
/dev/hda1 NTFS Active 3.99 GB
/dev/hda2 extended 14.64 GB
/dev/hda5 NTFS 13.15 GB
/dev/hda6 ext3 1.50 GB
/dev/hda-1 free Hidden 8.37 MB
Anyone have any ideas why the tohd isn't working in this case?
Similar Threads
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
-
By Mercury 4063 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By crix in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco C1101-4P Integrated Service Router Unit Only (HD)
$250.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00