Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: tohd fails

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    tohd fails

    I can boot and run Knoppix 3.4 off the CD w/o problems, but I cannot get it to copy to the HD. Without using the Knoppix CD the computer has WinNT, 256 megs of RAM and everything works fine.

    I have tried:
    knoppix26 tohd=/dev/hda6
    knoppix tohd=/dev/hda6

    In both cases copying starts and eventually makes it to 100%, then:
    "Copying KNOPPIX CDROM failed. /dev/hda6 possibly has not enough space left." Other than that there are no error messages.

    After the process, QPartd shows that /dev/hda6 has 787.47 MB used. I have reformatted, and set to writable, hda6 before beginning each try.

    /dev/hda6 is a 1.5 Gig logical partition I have formatted as ext3 (the rest of hda is NTFS). I made the partition in QPartd, formatted it and then did chmod 777 on the whole /dev/hda6 before trying to get tohd to work. I have also tried setting up hda6 as FAT32, but I get the same results.

    QPartd shows the disk has:
    /dev/hda1 NTFS Active 3.99 GB
    /dev/hda2 extended 14.64 GB
    /dev/hda5 NTFS 13.15 GB
    /dev/hda6 ext3 1.50 GB
    /dev/hda-1 free Hidden 8.37 MB

    Anyone have any ideas why the tohd isn't working in this case?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    Hardware

    Hmmm. This may be a hardware problem. The CD can't boot MEPIS or Unbutu (Although to be honest I didn't spend any time troubleshooting these failures. As soon as it puked, I took the CD out.), and it had trouble copying the Knoppix 3.7 ISO I burned. (I burned the raw ISO as a file to the CD just for this, and I burned the ISO image for another boot CD.) I fianally had to download the 3.7 ISO from one of the mirrors. Funny, because Knoppix will boot and run fine from the CDROM.

    I now boot from the CDROM with the bootfrom=/dev/hda/KOPPIX.iso cheatcode and everyone's happy :)

Similar Threads

  1. help with tohd / grub boot
    By pau1knopp in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
  2. Question about tohd
    By Mercury 4063 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:52 PM
  3. tohd problem
    By crix in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
  4. tohd - then run lilo
    By chlor in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:50 AM
  5. How to add bootoption tohd in my remaster?
    By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$475.21



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$372.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



SGIN 15.6

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD

$335.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$465.98