-
Junior Member
registered user
how to mount windows directory
Hi,
I want to mount a windows directory. In RedHat Linux, I would put the information into /etc/fstab. How do I mount it using mount?
I can not get it to ask for a username, it just displays the prompt for password.
Thanks,
Charles Li
-
Senior Member
registered user
um not sure about red hat... havent used it... but i think...
[mount command (which i think its still mount)] hda1
depends on what partion your windows is on, or if its a primary secondary etc...
hda2 <-- for second partion on primary
hdb1 <-- first partion on secondary drive...
etc... hopefully i gave you what you wnat... sorry, but never used red hat...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Actually, I am looking for mount options that will let me specify the username for the mount.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
cli168
Actually, I am looking for mount options that will let me specify the username for the mount.
Hang on, is this from the live CD or a HD install?
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, first the warning: if you write (or delete) from an mntf partition you will probably screw up the filesystem completely. Not recommended. Like putting your head in the crockodile's mouth. Don't do it. ntfs is the default filesystem for NT, Windows 2000 and XP. Other Windows OSes are fine (they use fat32).
But to read, no problem. From the live CD, just click on the icon for the partition which you want to access. That's it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
It a network drive, all I want to is read it. It is not mounted by default. I need to manually mount it. In order to mount it, I need to supply the username, since I am in as knoppix. So, I need to know how to specify the username in a mount.
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
[QUPTE]Like putting your head in the crockodile's mouth[/QUOTE] hahahaha...
now thats funny..
Similar Threads
-
By Khaotik in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
-
By milkjam in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:00 AM
-
By seta21 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 03:05 PM
-
By LinuxGeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 07:30 PM
-
By babo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 03:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2
$949.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00