Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: boot problem

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    I have the same problem, Presario 2100, AMD. Even at "knoppix 2" I get nothing, blinks to next screen, blinks once when loading and stalls, no activity. vga=normal brings up "uncompressing Linux", then stalls, no activity. No combination of fb or xvrefresh=60, nousb nopcmcia etc seems to work. No "expert", no "knoppix26"/"expert26".

    Funny, I know this worked on 2.4? then I had to add the screen=1280x1024 code in 3.2, (and the power settings if I remember) now I have nothing. Has this been removed?

    Screen is capable of 1400x1050. Why can't it be driven at lower settings? What's it thinking?

    D

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    Alright, tried Knoppix -b, failsafe, expert, memtest, every listed "no-", plugging in monitor to laptop, all fb#x# combos, xvrefresh, xvsync, and many combinations. Always same error.

    If I get a text screen, CD spins then stops on "Uncompressing Linux" Is it true the new Knoppix hates the AMD m/b this much?

    Without additional info, I'll need an expert. ...?

    BTW, Mandrake 10.0 installs on this fine, although I liked the smaller footprint of Knoppix better. Anyone have suggestions, or am I back to Knoppix 3.2 with "screen=" + nopcmcia, noapm noapic codes?

    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Yes,another boot problem
    By Gemantra in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 07:30 AM
  2. USB Boot problem
    By codeforge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:06 PM
  3. Boot Problem
    By Philly_Blunt in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 05:57 PM
  4. and another no boot problem
    By BradC in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:27 AM
  5. Another Won't Boot Problem
    By Wil in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell 6TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Dell 6TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise PowerEdge H

$75.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99