-
Slow a Fast GBA Emulator
Hi I'm a newbie at linux
I successfully installed my first program from a source code in my hd installed knoppix.
The program was Visual Boy Advanced, an emulator for the GBA.
Now every time I run a game it is too fast.
I was wondering if any one with experience with this program under Debian can help.
Thanks All
-
Senior Member
registered user
can you read code, because i was going to suggest read the code... and then find the part where it litually says... "time=cpu speed" to something like "time=real time"... change it so that the emulator's speed/clock runs off real time not how fast the cpu is... if you get what i mean...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Considering how late this post is to the thread, maybe I shouldn't bother asking for more info -_-
Does it run so fast under windows as well?
There are a few normal things you may have done within the program, for example there is a speed key that you may have mapped as a button as well (an easy mistake to make), options such as frame skip, Real Time Clock, and more may have something to do with it.
The most likely conflict I can see with Linux may be how the emu has an option to set the process priority...
-

Originally Posted by
gildedlink
Considering how late this post is to the thread, maybe I shouldn't bother asking for more info -_-
Does it run so fast under windows as well?
There are a few normal things you may have done within the program, for example there is a speed key that you may have mapped as a button as well (an easy mistake to make), options such as frame skip, Real Time Clock, and more may have something to do with it.
The most likely conflict I can see with Linux may be how the emu has an option to set the process priority...
I've use VBA before on Windows XP. Runs at accurate speeds, not too fast, not too slow. For Linux, trying messing around with the framerate.
Similar Threads
-
By Override in forum Games
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By azucar151 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:46 AM
-
By Bleim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:41 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00