-
Slow a Fast GBA Emulator
Hi I'm a newbie at linux
I successfully installed my first program from a source code in my hd installed knoppix.
The program was Visual Boy Advanced, an emulator for the GBA.
Now every time I run a game it is too fast.
I was wondering if any one with experience with this program under Debian can help.
Thanks All
-
Senior Member
registered user
can you read code, because i was going to suggest read the code... and then find the part where it litually says... "time=cpu speed" to something like "time=real time"... change it so that the emulator's speed/clock runs off real time not how fast the cpu is... if you get what i mean...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Considering how late this post is to the thread, maybe I shouldn't bother asking for more info -_-
Does it run so fast under windows as well?
There are a few normal things you may have done within the program, for example there is a speed key that you may have mapped as a button as well (an easy mistake to make), options such as frame skip, Real Time Clock, and more may have something to do with it.
The most likely conflict I can see with Linux may be how the emu has an option to set the process priority...
-

Originally Posted by
gildedlink
Considering how late this post is to the thread, maybe I shouldn't bother asking for more info -_-
Does it run so fast under windows as well?
There are a few normal things you may have done within the program, for example there is a speed key that you may have mapped as a button as well (an easy mistake to make), options such as frame skip, Real Time Clock, and more may have something to do with it.
The most likely conflict I can see with Linux may be how the emu has an option to set the process priority...
I've use VBA before on Windows XP. Runs at accurate speeds, not too fast, not too slow. For Linux, trying messing around with the framerate.
Similar Threads
-
By Override in forum Games
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By azucar151 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:46 AM
-
By Bleim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:41 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

3 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2007, Windows Vista Business Vintage
$60.00
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$14.75

Vintage Tandy Color Computer Print Master Software Manual & Floppy Disk Binder
$38.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59