-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot to CDROM using LILO?
I don't believe this is possible, but am looking for confirmation.
I want to boot a CDROM (KNoppix) using LILO on the first harddrive. I want to do this because the bios on my laptop is locked and I cannot get it to boot via bios.
(If you are curious, this is a corporate laptop that I want to use during off-time as a personal asset)
I have imaged a second hard drive using my desktop, but the process is imperfect as the image contains stuff for hardware from the desktop. I would like to use this harddrive to force a CDROM boot and then re-image the harddrive using the correct hardware.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Instead of trying to use lilo you might check out smart boot manger http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/about.html
which iclaims to be able to do what you want. I haven't used SBM to boot from a cdrom but it is an excellant
bootloader. In fact there are several lesser known (than grub & lilo) bootloaders that have great features
Gujin is one I like alot. Anyway Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Similar Threads
-
By davidebond in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 03:32 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:12 AM
-
By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 02:29 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95