KMenu (icon at bottom left > Settings > Control Center > Country/Region & Language.
The flag icon just changes the keyboard.
My guess is that your iso is labelled KNOPPIX_V3.6 DE (German) rather than KNOPPIX_V3.6 EN.
Hi,
I have just run Knoppix for the first time and all the menus and text is in another language.
I tried clicking the us english icon in the bottom right, but it didnt change anything ?
How can i make it english ?
KMenu (icon at bottom left > Settings > Control Center > Country/Region & Language.
The flag icon just changes the keyboard.
My guess is that your iso is labelled KNOPPIX_V3.6 DE (German) rather than KNOPPIX_V3.6 EN.
Why do you assume that is is running 3.6 instead of 3.7 or even 3.8?Originally Posted by fingers99
Just as a comment, if you screw around with Knoppix enough you can get just about any combination of English and German throughout. It's amazing to see KDE in German and all your input in English. Or how about doubleing everything in the application menu up: half German, half English. I can't believe I'm the only one cleverenough to accomplish this
![]()
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give it a go
I'm running 3.8 - 2005
There is no official 3.8 release yet. The CeBit version of 3.8 was a German version. One of the unofficaial torrents posted had been modified to run in English (and to run in Windows if you have an awful lot of memory). Read the CeBIT thread in the News section for more details.Originally Posted by adammc
Ooops, guess I downloaded the wrong file then LOL
I made the changes in the settings, I'm now getting some english and some ... Dutch (i think)
Can I change this or am i going to have to download the english version ?
I downloaded the "modified" English version and all I've seen is English. You can wait for an official English version, use the cheat code at startup to force englisg (which I think is all the modified version does), or use what you have.Originally Posted by adammc
Harry, Harry, it was late at night, I was copying and pasting, and I'm sure the principle is easy enough to follow...............Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
It would be for 3.7. But it turns out he is trying to get an unofficial 3.8 release to work. Since there is no official DE and EN release of 3.8, he just can't apply the same principle.Originally Posted by fingers99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99
atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$109.65
Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$89.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99