Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Hdd Install won't work.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3

    Hdd Install won't work.

    I've installed knoppix many times on my pentiumII but alsa my system won't recognize it. Knoppix on CD works great, but I can't get it to work without it.
    I don't have any other operating systems on that computer, so that isn't an issue. If anyone could help me or give me an idea, I would really appreciate it.

    By the way I'm running a compaq deskpro EP if that makes a differance.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    many times ?

    in the qtparted screen, apart from having a linx-swap partition and a linux system, did u rememebr to set one bootable / active ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in the fiery pitts of doom
    Posts
    11

    help

    did you type "knoppix tohd" to install or in the command line?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    in the qtparted screen, apart from having a linx-swap partition and a linux system, did u rememebr to set one bootable / active ?
    I didn't know I could do that. I'll try and figure it out.

    did you type "knoppix tohd" to install or in the command line?
    I used sudo knoppix-installer in the console

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    I got grub to boot but now I'm stuck.
    I have the manual but I don't know enogh about knoppix to boot it.
    I have knoppix games version.
    can anyone tell me what to do next

Similar Threads

  1. why does my install work while others are not?
    By podo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM
  2. Install just won't work
    By MadDoc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:49 PM
  3. apt-get -f install doesn't work
    By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM
  4. NIC won't work from HDD install.
    By LLB34B in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 05:45 PM
  5. net doesn't work after hdd install
    By sevengraff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Intel Core i7 1165G7 2.8GHz 16GB 256GB SSD W11P picture

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Intel Core i7 1165G7 2.8GHz 16GB 256GB SSD W11P

$259.99



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



HP - OmniBook 3 - 14

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...

$399.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Core i7 1165G7 2.8GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P picture

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Core i7 1165G7 2.8GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P

$259.99



HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Intel Core i7 1185G7 3GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P picture

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Intel Core i7 1185G7 3GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P

$269.99