-
Junior Member
registered user
xpost: wireless card not working after HD install
NML wrote:
I am making some progress, at least I think I am. I installed using the Debian install but now I am unable to get the Wireless card to talk to my network. this is odd, during the boot up process the NIC lights are blinking and when I log in to the desktop the lights are still blinking for a few min then go off. both the NIC and wireless config wizards are aware of the NIC.
The boot up process is so fast I can't see if there are any errors or problems.
Any ideas?
Just to let you know, I am having the exact same problem with a cisco 340 pcmcia on a presario 2100
I have fiddled with iwconfig, ifconfig, etc.
I can see the AP. and wavemon says everything is correct and bits are flying. But there seems to be some confusion on the systems part about the difference between eth0 and wifi0. In other words I can configure eth0 exactly as if it were the card and it behaves just like the wifi card...except none of the apps can get connected to the net. I can do the same things with wifi0 *except* I cant manually config IP addresses and such.
Similar Threads
-
By pheonix991 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
-
By NML in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
-
By cuberds in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2005, 01:15 AM
-
By amitram2001 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:18 AM
-
By wanttolearn in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Lot of 4 - 16GB 2Rx8 DDR-4 2666V MHz ECC Reg Samsung M393A2K43DB2-CTD6Y Tested
$300.00

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$159.95

Lot Of (22) 4GB DDR3 — ram memory
$149.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT
$150.00

Corsair Vengence Pro RGB DDR4 3200 (4x16gb) DRAM Kit
$340.00